Mental health on the red carpet
Thanks for guessing! The answers are below.
When a celebrity shares their story, it gets attention. But mental illness can affect anyone.
The Think Ahead graduate programme offers you the opportunity to make a real difference to people with mental health problems. You’ll be paid to work in an expert team alongside clinical professionals, study for a master’s degree, and develop your leadership skills.
Find out about the programme
Other opportunities with Think Ahead
- Stephen Fry has bipolar disorder, and is a high-profile advocate for mental health including through his role as President of the charity Mind. He was also kind enough to take part in Think Ahead’s first official film. (See his quote here.)
- Andrew “Freddie” Flintoff, an international cricketer who captained the England team. (Hear his quote here.)
- J. K. Rowling has spoken out about her own experiences with depression, and written movingly about mental illness in the Harry Potter series and her other books. (See her quote here.)
- Frank Bruno reached the heights of heavyweight boxing, winning European and World titles. In the BBC documentary “[name]” he spoke out about his [mental health problems] and his experiences of being detained under the Mental Health Act. (See his quote here.)
- Demi Lovato lives with bipolar disorder, and set up the campaign Be Vocal: Speak Up for Mental Health. (See her quote here.)